National Migrant and Seasonal Head Start Association
“Building the Foundation Today: Nurturing Tomorrow’s Leaders”
March 6-8, 2017
Hilton Orange County
3050 Bristol Street, Costa Mesa, CA 92626
for assistance please contact Janna Rios at email@example.com. You may access a PDF of the Call for Papers here.
Call for Presenters
The National Migrant and Seasonal Head Start Association is pleased to present the 2017 Annual Conference at the Hilton Orange County in Costa Mesa, California. We invite professionals from various fields and organizations throughout the country to submit a presenter application. As you are aware, the Office of Head Start published new Program Performance Standards (PPS) August of 2016. As you prepare your response to this Call for Presenters- please keep in mind the most updated information from the new PPS will be most applicable. The association is committed to featuring experienced and well informed presenters in every track offered. Our desire is for all conference participants to leave this event empowered with the necessary tools and resources to improve outcomes for Migrant and Seasonal Head Start children and families.
Guidelines for Prospective Presenters
- Complimentary registration will be provided for the lead presenter upon request. Lead presenter must register online and request complimentary registration.
- Suggested topics are listed below. If you have another topic that you feel would benefit staff and families, please feel free to specify it in your application.
- Presentations are 90 minutes in length. If you would like to present a longer workshop, two consecutive 90 minute slots, separated by a break, will be scheduled if feasible.
- Group size of presentations will be approximately 25-50 attendees. Rooms will be arranged classroom style. Requests for different arrangements will be honored if possible.
- Each training room will include the following audio/visual equipment:
- LCD projector
- Laptop computer (PC platform)
- Easel flip chart and markers are available on request
- Presentation of sessions is on a completely voluntary basis. Presenters will not receive compensation of any kind and are responsible for all costs related to their presentations, including (but not limited to) cost of travel, lodging, food, and presentation materials.
All proposals must be submitted through the online application below:
The information listed below must be submitted in order for an application to be considered complete:
- Name and contact information (including co-presenter’s information if applicable)
- Presenter biography (60 words or less)
- Co-presenter biography (if applicable; 60 words or less)
- Brief description of your organization(s)
- Presentation title
- Three learning objectives
- Presentation outline or agenda
- Presentation description (60 words or less for publication)
Once proposals have been reviewed, letters of acceptance/declination will be sent to the LEAD PRESENTER ONLY by November 30, 2016.
NMSHSA will provide a complementary registration for the LEAD PRESENTER. Facilitators will be arranged for each workshop.
PLEASE NOTE: Presentation of sessions is on a completely voluntary basis. Presenters will not receive compensation of any kind and are responsible for all costs related to their presentations, including (but not limited to) cost of travel, lodging, food, and presentation materials.