March 2-6, 2018
Hilton Orange County
3050 Bristol Street, Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Applications are due by November 17, 2017.
Selected applicants will be notified by December 15, 2017.
Conference presentations will begin March 4 and continue to March 6, 2018.
You may access a PDF of the Call for Presenters here.
For assistance please contact Janna Rios at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Call for Presenters
The National Migrant and Seasonal Head Start Association is pleased to present the 2018 Annual Conference at the Hilton Orange County in Costa Mesa, California. We invite professionals from various fields and organizations throughout the country to submit a presenter application. The association is committed to featuring experienced and well informed presenters in every track offered. Our desire is for all conference participants to leave this event empowered with the necessary tools and resources to improve outcomes for Migrant and Seasonal Head Start children and families.
Guidelines for Prospective Presenters
- Complimentary registration will be provided for the lead presenter upon request. Lead presenter must register online and request complimentary registration.
- Suggested topics are listed below. If you have another topic that you feel would benefit staff and families, please feel free to specify it in your application.
- Presentations are 90 minutes in length. If you would like to present a longer workshop, two consecutive 90 minute slots, separated by a break, will be scheduled if feasible.
- Group size of presentations will be approximately 25-50 attendees. Rooms will be arranged classroom style. Requests for different arrangements will be honored if possible.
- Each training room will include the following audio/visual equipment:
- LCD projector
- Laptop computer (PC platform)
- Easel flip chart and markers are available on request
- Presentation of sessions is on a completely voluntary basis. Presenters will not receive compensation of any kind and are responsible for all costs related to their presentations, including (but not limited to) cost of travel, lodging, food, and presentation materials.
All proposals must be submitted through the online application below:
The information listed below must be submitted in order for an application to be considered complete:
- Name and contact information (including co-presenter’s information if applicable)
- Presenter biography (60 words or less)
- Co-presenter biography (if applicable; 60 words or less)
- Brief description of your organization(s)
- Presentation title
- Three learning objectives
- Presentation outline or agenda
- Presentation description (60 words or less for publication)
Once proposals have been reviewed, letters of acceptance/declination will be sent to the LEAD PRESENTER ONLY by November 17, 2017.
NMSHSA will provide a complementary registration for the LEAD PRESENTER. Facilitators will be arranged for each workshop.
PLEASE NOTE: Presentation of sessions is on a completely voluntary basis. Presenters will not receive compensation of any kind and are responsible for all costs related to their presentations, including (but not limited to) cost of travel, lodging, food, and presentation materials.